Parents   |   Community   |   Current Students   |   Faculty & Staff  
Home / Enrollment Services / Registrar /

Registrar Banner

Request Change of Grade

Once an instructor has submitted a student’s grade to the Office of the Registrar, the grade may be changed only with the approval of the instructor’s chair or director. If there has been a clerical error, or if the student feels the grade received is inaccurate, the student should discuss the evaluation with the instructor. If there are further questions, the student should discuss the evaluation with the head of the appropriate board of study or, if necessary, with the appropriate dean, who then notifies the Office of the Registrar. The final evaluation, however, is the prerogative of the instructor. Should such a change involve an instructor who is no longer a member of the College faculty, the dean notifies the registrar.

This procedure does not apply to those cases where a student is completing work formerly recorded with the registrar as an incomplete (INC). In exceptional cases, grades may be changed up to six months after the completion of a given semester. No grade changes are accepted after this date.