8-Semester Graduation Plans
Below are links to the 8-semester graduation plans for each major at Purchase College. These 8-semester plans, in conjunction with your faculty advisor, will assist you with academic planning and progress leading to your graduation from Purchase College within four years.
These plans will also help you answer many major-specific questions, such as:
- When is the best time in my four years to study abroad?
- Is an internship possible during the regular academic year (Fall and Spring semesters)?Or will I have to wait until summer break to complete one?
- What will my senior year look like? How will I balance my coursework with my Senior Project?
- Will I have time and room during my 8-semesters to have a minor?
Please keep in mind that the plans provided are general guidelines. Students should work to make their own individual 8-semester roadmap to graduation with their faculty advisors. If you have any questions about a specific 8-semester graduation plan or concerns about your own academic progress, please contact your faculty advisor, the Registrar’s Office at Registrar@purchase.edu, or the Advising Center at Advising@purchase.edu.
Specific academic requirements can also be found on each program site; go to Major and Minors at a Glance for links to each site.
- Art History
- Arts Management (admitted prior to Fall 2015 / admitted Fall 15 or later)
- Biology (Bachelor of Arts)
- Biology (Bachelor of Science)
- Cinema Studies
- Creative Writing
Dance - Men
- Dance - Women
Design/Technology: Costume Design
- Design/Technology: Costume Technology
- Design/Technology: Lighting Design
Design/Technology: Scenic Design
- Design/Technology: Stage Management
- Design/Technology: Technical Direction/Production Management
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Studies: Ecology Concentration
- Environmental Studies: Policy Concentration
- Gender Studies
- Language and Culture
Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Media, Society, and Arts
Music: Studio Composition
- Music: Studio Production
Music: Jazz Studies
Music Performance: Voice
- Music Instrumental Performance:
Guitar (admitted prior to Fall 15 / admitted Fall 15 or later)
Harp (admitted prior to Fall 15 / admitted Fall 15 or later)
Percussion (admitted prior to Fall 15 / admitted Fall 15 or later)
Strings (admitted prior to Fall 15 / admitted Fall 15 or later)
- Woodwinds (admitted prior to Fall 15 / admitted Fall 15 or later)
- New Media
Theatre and Performance
Visual Arts: Interdisciplinary
Visual Arts: Printmaking
- Visual Arts: Sculpture
- Visual Arts: Graphic Design
Visual Arts: Painting and Drawing
Visual Arts: Photography
Visual Arts: BS