Minor in Arts Management
The minor in arts management is designed for students in all disciplines who are interested in exploring the field of arts management and gaining the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to promote and support the arts. Students interested in pursuing this minor must submit a completed Application for a Program of Minor Study to the coordinator of the arts management program. Upon admission to the minor, the student will be assigned a minor advisor from the arts management faculty.
Academic Requirements for the Minor in Arts Management
Five courses, as follows:
- AMG 1100/Fundamentals of Arts Management*
- AMG 3100/Funding the Arts
- AMG 3170/Arts and Entertainment Law
- AMG 3520/Marketing the Arts
- An elective course in arts management
*Prerequisite: At least 4 credits in literary, performing, or visual arts history, theory, or practice
Updates to the 2013–15 College Catalog:
Effective Fall 2015:
- Prerequisite added to AMG 1100
- Course title of AMG 1100 changed from Introduction to Arts Management and AMG 3100 changed from Fundraising and Development in the Arts.
Updated March 13, 2015